We know that you have invested a great deal time, money, emotion and hard work in building your business. Now you’re considering the decision to sell.
Whatever your reason for selling – from retirement, to relocation, to just wanting a change – selling a business is an emotional and difficult process, and is best handled by an experienced business broker.
At VR Business Brokers, connecting sellers with qualified buyers is our only business. Selling your business is a monumental transaction. You deserve to approach this sale with the same professional dedication you used to build your business.
At VR Tampa Bay / Apollo Beach, we provide our clients with Valued Representation that differentiates your business from all others.
Valued Representation allows you to focus on your business while we take it through a confidential sales process. You can depend on us for professional, confidential, and experienced services.
Tips on what to have when you are prepared for a successful sale of your business:
- Documentation: Buyers will require you to show proof of the sales and profits that have resulted from your business in the past.
- Valuation & Pricing: Valuation is an art and a science where experience counts. Our brokers help you identify your business’ hidden assets and arriving at an asking price that fairly reflects the value of your business in today’s market. Your assets, inventory, income statements, property and equipment will be carefully considered, as well as the intangible assets that make your business appealing.
- Displaying the best possible appearance of the business: First impressions really count! If a potential buyer doesn’t like the appearance of your business, the rest of it may never get a chance. The time to replace that old worn-out piece of equipment is before you decide to sell.
- Explaining the reason for the sale: Buyers are people, and they are by nature curious and they will want to know why you are selling. Owners sell their businesses for many reasons, such as retirement, partnership, disputes, relocation, family concerns, illness, or other business ventures. VR Business Brokers can use your reason for selling as an asset to the sales process.
- Telling us everything, especially the things that concern you: Almost any adverse situation, including landlord problems, outstanding debt, tax problems, and regulation non-compliance, can be dealt with if acted upon early enough and if identified at the beginning of the process. For your own best interests, please tell us of any concerns in the beginning so we can help.
- Due Diligence: Nearly all sales won’t be final until the buyer inspects and approves financial documentation and records, as well as a number of other areas. Due diligence is the most crucial step in the selling process and can hold up the sale if the buyer can’t verify what has been portrayed in regards to your business.
Keep-in-mind that anything that increases sales also increases profits and the all-important cash flow!
Make it easy on the buyer to make a positive decision by making certain your business shows like a winner.